The aim is by 2014, Social Innovation Europe will have become the meeting place – virtual and real – for social innovators, entrepreneurs, non-profit organisations, policy makers and anyone else who is inspired by social innovation in Europe. This can provide the opportunity for social innovation – for so long on the margins – to take its place alongside business innovation at the centre of the economic stage.
Social Innovation Europe
The intent will cover the following:
- connect projects and people who can share experiences and learn from each other;
- develop an easily accessible resource bank – so you can find about other projects, organisations and ways of working;
- develop a resource bank of up to date policies at local and national levels and provide information on funding opportunities;
- facilitate new relationships between civil society, governments, public sector institutions and relevant private sector bodies
- develop concrete recommendations in financing and in up scaling/mainstreaming of social innovation in Europe
Are you going to join in and contribute?